Google
 

6_Jpop CDJapan

Featured Post

Super GT Round 4 Malaysia 2009
Last year I'm able to visit the Sepang F1 Circuit pit lane. It was an awesome experience to me as I can get very close to the machines and of course, race queens... Read More...
______________________________________________________________________________________________
D.I.Y. Fisheye Lens
Since I bought my E-500, I had been dreaming of a fisheye lens. But until now, I still cannot afford one. What I like about the fisheye lens are the effect of the round distortion and it can cover super ultra wide angle of sight... Read More...
______________________________________________________________________________________________
Lomo Smena 8m
The word "Smena" (Cmeha) is roughly translated into "Young Generation" in English. True to its name, the Smena line of cameras were designed to provide inexpensive, accessible, and excellent photography tools to the hard-working young Soviets of the time... Read More...
______________________________________________________________________________________________
Kuala Lumpur Butterfly Park
Not long after i bought the Olympus Macro Flash System, I went to Kuala Lumpur Butterfly Park to test out the system for outdoor macro photography... Read More...

2010-05-02

D.I.Y. Fisheye Lens

Since I bought my E-500, I had been dreaming of a fisheye lens. But until now, I still cannot afford one. What I like about the fisheye lens are the effect of the round distortion and it can cover super ultra wide angle of sight. These 2 effects really attract me to fisheye lens.

Since I cannot afford one, I been searching around internet for method of D.I.Y. fisheye lens. After looking through 2-3 sites to get some idea on how to make my own fisheye lens project, I successfully made one myself.




My D.I.Y. Fisheye Lens...

How do I make it?

First of all, you need a front lens cover, hole maker, mini files tool and most important is door viewer. Get a front lens cover that is same size to the lens filter thread size. In my case, I used my kit lens (ZD 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 lens) which has 58mm thread size - so I need a 58mm front lens cover.

58mm front lens cover...

Make a small hole in the middle of the lens cover with hole maker. The hole must be fit enough for the files tool.

Make a small hole...

With the files tool, you need to make the hole bigger enough to fit in the door viewer.

Make the hole bigger with files tool...

Then, fit in the door viewer to the middle hole of the lens cover. Attach the lens cover to the lens and there you go, D.I.Y. Fisheye Lens.

D.I.Y. fisheye lens attach to kit lens...

How much do I spend for this fisheye lens? I only need to spend money on 2 items, that are front lens cover (RM 5.00) and door viewer (RM 5.00). Hole maker and mini files tool can be found in my home's toolbox. So, I only spend Rm 10.00 for the whole project. Cheap eh? :D

While the whole project is cheap and easy, the image quality is also not really good. The images are quite blur maybe due to the lens quality of the door viewer. Maybe you could spend more on the door viewer to get better quality images. Following are some of the test shots from this fisheye lens...










What do you think of the images? Good?? Bad??.. :D   Try to make yourself a fisheye lens and get creative in your photography journey...

30 comments:

bearbeardai said...

omg its so cool! U should make a video of how u d.i.y the fish eye lens ...

sion said...

the effect is pretty nice x)

mylittleoctopus said...

Dude! You have actually made your very own fish eye lens! How awesome is that? ;D

Even though its a bit blurry, but still good what. I mean..for only RM10?! Must be quite a effort tho. Its very well done. :)

Ken Wooi said...

really cool! but yeah, like you said.. it's a little blur.. and can't take wide width.. =)

Ben said...

Although quality is nothing to shout but @ RM 10 for a working fish eye lens is really creative and resourceful!

crystalzerosix said...

wah kreatif...sy pun teringin sngt utk dptkan fish eye lens tp belum mampu lg...

Mabel Low said...

I saw this project in a camera magazine. But just one thing... you placed the door viewer on your lens right... wouldn't you risk leaving a scratch there?? :S

zzkang said...

daidai..hehe..thanks..its really easy to make one...no need video.. :D

sion...Thanks alot!! :D

zzkang said...

pu3...thanks alot...try make one for yourself.. :D

ken...yeah...its blurred..and the lens can only view 150 degree...still looking for 180 degree door viewer.. :D

zzkang said...

ben...thanks alot..i feel that the low quality gives some film-like effect...which i quite like it.. :D

crystal...u boleh bikin macam fisheye lens i bikin.. :D

zzkang said...

mabel...the door viewer is quite static on the lens cover...it wont move around without any big force..somemore my kit lens was protected by uv filter...if scratch can change new filter...heheh :D

Mabel Low said...

Oh... got extra protection. No problem lah like that. XD Hmm... maybe i should try it with my pns camera :O

Uncle Jo. said...

respect lah~!!!

^^ it really beats many out there leh.
it can be done artistically even with its limitation ^^

i think you can crop it and do a bit with the photoshop hehehe~

well done attempt bro~

lechua said...

u made a hole in ur lens cover?? oh dear..

zzkang said...

mabel..yes!!...try it with your PnS...hehe :D

alpha...thanks alot...hehe...wont do anything to the pics...just let it be like that...kinda have film-like effect which i like...try it out..its really cheap to make one.. :D

zzkang said...

lechua...yeah...a hole on lens cover...to me thats the best way...somemore that the extra lens cover i had in my drybox... :D

Serds said...

Great discovery....I like it...

zzkang said...

serds...thanks you very much!! glad you like it.. :D

Foto Clipping said...

I am using this lens currently. in one word its superb.

Fotoclipping,ClippingImages

wholesale jerseys said...

the effect is pretty nice x)

old prostat said...

info yang keren gaan,,
salam kenal yaa,,,, :)

ramdan said...

makasih ya udah share..sangat bermanfaat

kulit belang said...

artikel yang bagus kawan, semoga bermanfaat bagi yang baca.

ogb kps2 said...

artikelnya oke gaan........??? mantaaaaappppp........

amar said...

makasih sob telah berbagi, artikelnya keren

otam said...

makasih banyak atas infonya, sangat brmnfaat skali..

okb kps3 said...

informasi yang oke sobat,,,,, (y)

ginjal bengkak said...

thanks for share.. :)

luka diabetes said...

nice post (y)

varises said...

sangat bermanfaat sekali gaan, makasih yaa :)